- High Storage Capacity: Up to 12TB native and up to 30TB compressed (2.5:1)
- High-Performance: a 16KB high-durability non-contact IC memory chip is built-in. This contributes to significant improvement in tape library access.
- This new media displays the Quantum Certified (QC) logo signifying that Quantum is performing additional process and quality tests on its LTO Ultrium data media. Quantum has over 30 years of tape media experience and is leveraging this expertise to provide this value-added service. This logo shows Quantum’s continuing commitment to provide the highest quality media.
- Bar code labeling available for Quantum brand LTO Ultrium media and cleaning cartridges. Pre-sequenced label packs are also available.
- Quantum is also announcing a WORM (Write Once Read Many) media cartridge. WORM helps address today’s tough regulatory and compliance needs. Data cannot be overwritten, only appended and the cartridge cannot be reused if degaussed. This gives companies a reliable, accurate, virtually tamper-proof data archive tool to meet today’s tougher regulatory requirements.
- All LTO Ultrium drives use the same Universal Cleaning Cartridge part number MR-LUCQN-01.
- Quantum LTO-8 Tape Cartridge Part Number: MR-L8MQN-01